Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Law of Attraction

"Positive and negative emotions cannot occupy the mind at the same time. One or the other must dominate. It is your responsibility to make sure that positive emotions constitute the dominating influence of your mind." -Napolean Hill

I am hopefully optimistic about this whole phenomenon about the Law of Attraction. In fact, I am truly really weary of the whole idea, but I thought I would occupy my mind with positive emotions about it. Because of this degree of uncertainty about positive and negative vibrations that supposedly control my destiny, I will keep my composure with positive thoughts and vibrations so that for any reason I may not be destroying my own fate.

Getting rid of negative thoughts seems like a tough job to accomplish. I think about a comment I frequently used with a friend in college. "Don't be late" I told her too often. If I would have really switched that to the positive and said "See you on time" the next time I headed out the door, would that have really sent a positive vibration that would have attracted positive behavior on her part? I mean it certainly is more polite and maybe she would have responded more positive if she felt that words weren't attacking her.

The one thought I have taken seriously from the few books I have tried to fully get into about the Law of Attraction, is about what you don't want vs. what you want. There is absolutely no (oh no a negative!) reason why you should dwell on the things that you don't want in life when you can reverse your thinking and think about what you do want. Say I hate my job and don't want to work there forever. I should reverse this statement and think about how I want a job that will fully occupy my desires. Being even this slightly optimistic is setting goals in sight for yourself, instead of digging yourself in a hole of blindness.

I have to say I am not an expert on this subject (actually the positive statement to this: I am a novice on this subject). I am attempting to read (well finish at least) another book about the science of attracting more of what I want and less of what I don't want. I plan to be as positive about the experience, yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment