Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Satisfaction of Completion

Completion: conclusion; fulfillment

The definition of completion could not be better said. Today, I finally finished a project that I have spent countless hours on. Not only am I ecstatic about the completion, I also feel completely fulfilled with the accomplishment. But now that it's over, I want it again! I want to set my goals higher and work harder at completing these projects and goals.

I remember when I was a kid and I FINALLY learned to ride a bike. It took practice, work, a few bruises and scrapes, but paid off in the end. It's was a moment euphoric happiness. Why should everyday not include one of these moments of innocence? Everyday we accomplish something in our lives and maybe we aren't letting ourselves live out our emotions of success.

Although my project was time-consuming and strenuous, it was not really that bad. And truthfully it may have been at the time, but now that it's over and my hard work paid off, I don't need to remember that I was awake at 5:30am printing countless pages and making last minute changes. I need to remember that accomplishing something that is valuable to me is vitally important to my progress and growth as a person.

I think about the goals I have for myself and how many of them I have yet to begin. The hardest part of achieving our goals is figuring out where to start. With the end in mind, these beginning steps to accomplishment are so minuscule to the big picture. The end picture. We will never move forward without beginning. Seems obvious, but it is a piece of advice I may just use myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment